There are two distinct casino types that players based in the UK can access and play at. On one hand, there are those casinos that are a part of the GamStop network. On the other hand, there are those casinos that are not part of the GamStop network.
GamStop refers to a network that restricts access to gambling sites in the United Kingdom. What this, therefore, means when looking at casinos that are a part of the GamStop network and those that are not is the fact that when playing at online casinos which are a part of the GamStop network, players are restricted to playing at sites that are regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. Online casinos which are not a part of GamStop operate off-shore and are regulated and licensed by off-shore gambling regulators the most common being those in Curacao and Gibraltar.
Having noted the key difference that exists between casinos with GamStop and those without, it’s important that we inform players that both these casino types come with their sets of advantages and also disadvantages. It is these advantages and disadvantages which further help in distinguishing and differentiating casinos with GamStop and those without. Below, we highlight these advantages and disadvantages.
- Self-Exclusion: All casinos that are a part of the GamStop network provide self-exclusion services while the opposite is true for those that are not a part of the GamStop network. Self-exclusion services are great especially for players with or those that are just developing problem gambling tendencies. Once players activate the self-exclusion service, they bar themselves from accessing gambling services from all GamStop casinos. Casinos with GamStop are linked together both the online casinos and land based casinos meaning that once one activates the self-exclusion at one site, s/he automatically becomes barred at other GamStop casinos.
- Safety and Security: All casinos both those with GamStop and those without for as long as they are regulated and licensed by recognized gambling regulators are safe and secure to settle at. However, for UK players, it advisable to settle at casinos with GamStop as these are regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission – a regulatory authority which can be easily contacted in case of any problems and challenges.
- Player Verification: Casinos with GamStop offer stringent verification processes to players’ unlike those without. As such, this means players who aren’t interested in stringent verification processes will favour casinos without GamStop as all that’s required to become a verified member is to prove one’s identity – something that can be done in a matter of minutes. The verification process at casinos with GamStop can take days as the player will need to submit different types of documents to prove identity and in some cases to prove the origin of (gambling) funds.
- Bonus and Promotional Perks: Casinos with GamStop which are regulated and licensed by the UK Gambling Commission do pay higher and a lot more taxes in comparison to those that are regulated and licensed by off-shore gambling regulators. As such, casinos without GamStop do have more funds in their chest to channel towards bonuses and promotional perks. This, in turn, meaning players stand to benefit more in terms of bonus and promotional perks when they settle at casinos without GamStop.
- Banking Methods: According to the stipulations and regulations by the UK Gambling Commission, credit cards cannot be used for gambling purposes. This, therefore, means players looking to settle at casinos with GamStop aren’t able to use credit cards in making deposits and initiating withdrawals. This restriction however, isn’t present at casinos without GamStop as players can simply use any banking method of their choice to make deposits.
To round up, players can note that at casinos without GamStop, they are afforded more freedom as they get to register their accounts and verify their identities more easily. However, their safety and security is a little compromised in comparison to casinos with GamStop that have a meticulous and stringent account registration and verification process. Add to this the fact that casinos with GamStop support self-exclusion services, they thus become a great proposition to settle at.